There are good deeds and there are bad deeds. A good deed is something done under the protection of the law, a bad deed is completely the opposite. Something that combines and controls the type of deeds is the law. A law is a system of legal rules combined with the regulated behavior of individuals.
As you can see in the picture above, the notorious symbol of the legal system is the law of the hammer. Commonly known as the Maslow’s hammer, or the golden hammer.
It was named by the American psychologist Abraham Maslow, in 1966 he said: “I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.”
Abraham Maslow is known for his theory of needs. Maslow created something called “Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.”
According to Maslow, there are 5 main categories that need to be satisfied.
- Self-Actualization – The will to do something, such as finding a career suitable for your character.
- Self-Esteem – One of the most important lines a character can have, ability to push yourself in the modern circles.
- Love – Arguably, the most important thing a human can be a part of, love can be seen as a feeling but it is really an emotion.
- Safety – It’s one of those things that we can’t live without, safety is priority number 1. in every modern setting.
- Physiological – The needs that we’re required to fulfill on daily basis.
As the name itself indicates, this is a hierarchy based theory that explains the most common needs of every human being. The top belongs to self-actualization and the bottom belongs to physiological needs.
On the other hand, Sharlyn Lauby has found a different meaning of law: “We need to choose the tools we work with carefully.” Some tools are adaptable, while others should be employed “only for their intended purpose”.
The fight between good and evil exist in every country, the bigger the country, the bigger the problems are. For example, the crime rate in the USA was recorded since colonization. Only in 2011, more than 12 million arrests were conducted.
The crime rate is normally expressed through the number of crimes per 100,000 people. Many countries might not have the same rules applied, for instance, in Vietnam, the dogs are a delicates. In America, this type of behavior towards an animal would be unacceptable.
The 10 most dangerous cities in the USA are as follows:
1) Detroit – A home to a population of 713,239, is the most populated city in the U.S Michigan. It hosts a crime rate of 2,137 per 100,000 residents. Particularly, the metropolitan area of Detroit, Metro Detroit is a host to 4.3 million people.
2) St. Louis – St. Louis has a population of 320,454, and a crime rate of 1,857 per 100,000 residents. This city is independent and it was a host of summer Olympics in 1904.
3) Oakland – Located in the Alameda County, California, is the third largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area. It has around 395,000 residents and its violent crime rate stands above 1,680 per 100,000 residents.
4) Memphis – The second largest city in Tennessee, with a population of 652,725 and a crime rate of 1,583 for every 100,000 residents of the city.
5) Birmingham – Alabama’s Birmingham takes the 5th place on this list, it currently has over 213,000 residents and a crime rate of 1,483 per 100,000 people.
6) Atlanta – The capital of Georgia, Atlanta has a population of 425,433 residents. Its current crime rate sits at 1,433 per 100,000 residents.
7) Baltimore – Baltimore is located in the state of Maryland, it was founded in 1729. The largest city of Maryland currently has over 626,000 inhabitants, with a crime rate of 1,417 per 100,000 inhabitants.
8) Stockton – Captain Charles Maria Weber founded the city Stockton in 1849, after acquiring the Mexican land parcel. Stockton’s population is just over 295,000 residents, it hosts a crime rate of 1,408.
9) Cleveland – Located in Ohio, it’s the state’s second most populated city. There are 397,106 people living in this area, in addition to the crime rate of 1,363. The city of Cleveland has many nicknames, such as, “The Forest City,” residents are called the “Clevelanders.”
10) Buffalo – The New York city, Buffalo, hosts a population of 262,484. In contrast, it has a relatively low crime rate of 1,238 per 100,000 inhabitants.
Take a look at these interesting quotes about crime:
“When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”
“All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride.”
― Sophocles, Antigone
“Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.”
“To have once been a criminal is no disgrace. To remain a criminal is the disgrace.”
― Malcolm X
Switzerland is considered to be the most peaceful country in the world.
Bern, Geneva, and Zurich are considered to be the safest major entities in Switzerland. This country boasts the lowest crime rate in the world, in addition to this, almost half of the bad deeds are committed by foreigners.
The Police force plays a major part in the stats, there’s around 200+ police offers for every 100,000 people. Switzerland is indeed, the place to go for low crime rates.
Singapore is the second best alternative to Switzerland.
Officially, The Republic of Singapore is a home to 5.6 million residents. What makes this country attractive to tourists and residents are the tax benefits and the low crime rate.
For example, if you make around $100,000 per year in Singapore, you would have to pay somewhere around $17,000 in income tax. In the USA, you would have to pay a lot more in taxes.
Deemed as the safest country in Asia, Singapore’s crime rates are as low as 0.3 murders per 100,000 residents. As a result, it attracts more than 16 million people every year. It’s a great country for business and tourism.
China is next in the line for becoming crime-proof. The capital of China, Hong Kong has a very low crime rate, the mark between the law and the crime is clearly distinguishable.
In addition to the low crime rates, Hong Kong residents enjoy a blazingly-fast internet connection.
China’s Hong Kong enjoys a 0.2 homicide rate per 100,000 residents. Considering this homicide fact, the most common act of crime is stealing.
The next country is probably unknown to a lot of people, it’s Bahrain. Bahrain is a small Arabic monarchy, located in the Persian Gulf.
The capital of Bahrain is Manama, together they enjoy a very high presence of the police forces.
As a matter of fact, this country’s public service is powered by an unbeatable ratio of 1900 policemen to 100,000 residents. This country was declared as a kingdom in 2002, notably, it has experienced protests throughout the years.
Bahrain is often referred to as the country of two seas, it’s a country that’s naturally gifted with oil.
Bahrain’s richest man is Talal Al Zain, CEO of a wealth fund.
To put it briefly, these countries have low crime rates but they don’t guarantee safety.